Carrot puree is best source of Vitamin A,K and B6. Minerals Potassium,Manganese , Copper and Iron. Its also high in Fiber.
Carrots are a wonderful introduction to solids because of their naturally sweet taste and pleasant texture.
- This simple preparation of carrots provides a rich supply of the antioxidant beta carotene and vitamin A. Trim and peel carrots, then cut them into 1-inch segments.
- Put them in a medium saucepan with the water. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for 25 minutes (this will take longer if your carrots are thicker).
- Let cool in cooking liquid. Purée in a food processor, blender or food mill.
- Place carrots in a medium saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Puree carrots in a blender or with a potato masher, adding cooking liquid as needed, until thinned but still chunky.
- Stir in salt, and its ready to be fed.