Pumpkin Puree : It is best source of Vitamin A,Vitamin C,potassium, fiber and antioxidants.
Recipe: Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Puree is very easy and elegant seasonal recipe.
- Make a big batch and freeze it in ice cube trays for single-portion servings for later!
- Chop the pumpkin into smallish pieces and place onto a baking sheet, skin down.
- Roast in oven for 45-60 minutes or until a fork can pierce the very tender.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Mesh it to make puree.
(for kids >3 years , You can also add dry seeds of pumpkin to pumpkin puree )
Pumpkin Puree is best suited food for child aged between 6 months to 18 months
- It is high in vitamins and minerals. It’s also a great source of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that is converted by into vitamin A.
- It is high in vitamins A and C, which can help boost your immune system. Its supply of vitamin E, iron and folate may strengthen your immunity as well.
- Pumpkins’ high vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin contents may protect eye site. Eye site issue is an issue in early age of childhood.
- Pumpkin is a good source of potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, which have been linked to heart health benefits.
- Pumpkin, once sliced and cut, can be easily puréed into soup . Its seeds are also edible and highly nutritious.